Found this interesting health tips while I shopped at the wellness outlet inside a reputable hypermarket. Therefore, just share these great health ideas about eating out with you all in my blog.
1. Plan Ahead
Think about where you will be eating and what you will select. It will be best if you remember the menu, consider it and take you pick carefully based on your plan. Stick to the plan prior to any food order makes healthy dining out easier.
2. Awesome Fruits
Always remember your fruits, because fresh fruits are not only delicious but healthy as well!
3. Downsize Food Portion
Most restaurants nowadays serve food portions just enough to feed two guests. Therefore, always remember to request for smaller portion or share the meal with someone else. It may not be healthy to force yourself to finish off your meals. Just request the restaurant to pack the leftovers for later consumption.
4. Health Food Before Main Course
Start off your meal with soup or salad, which helps to curb hunger and you will eat less. In addition, chew your food slowly and properly, either a buffet or fine dining, because this helps you feel full faster. No rushing please.
5. Choose Healthy Side Dishes
Choose salads, grilled or boiled vegetables, or a baked potato as side dishes to replace oily and unhealthy fries or chips.
6. Saucy Sauces
Request sauces or dressings on the side as this helps you to have better control of your salt intake. The best choice of healthier options are vegetable or broth-based sources, instead of cream-based sauces or gravies with meat, pasta or rice.
7. Stay Away From Fried Food
Familiarize your good self with terms in menu and cooking basics, knowing the terms make ordering easier and fun. Always opt for food which are steamed, baked, grilled or broiled and stay away from fried or sauteed food.
Feel hungry? Let’s eat out and dine out without further delay. Enjoy!
: Illegal string offset 'keywords_time' in /home/bestbuyi/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/internal_link_building.php
on line 102
I have some general ideas to share with you to stay healthy, especially during this influenza pandemic. The 9 tips to avoid swine flu are listed below:
Healthy Living Family Meal Time Together
(1) Encourage to have the habit to wash hands often and thoroughly. Recommended before meals, back from outside, after toilet, before carrying baby, after sneeze etc.
(2) Encourage to change clothes frequently, especially back from a trip outside, and after visiting clinic, crowded area, bus, taxi, public transport, bus stop/station etc.
(3) Eat sparingly or light meals, sleep well, keep physically active, drink more plain water and rest more.
(4) Avoid crowded areas, hospital, clinic etc.
(5) Stay at home and rest, if you feel tired, or not feeling well, and keep away from work and school. Seek help for household chores or office work.
(6) Seek advise from doctor and avoid meeting people, if you feel flu-like symptoms, such as fever, cold body, sneeze, cough etc; or keep away from people with these symptoms.
(7) Use face mask to cover your nose and mouth, if you have to attend gathering at crowded area, or meet with people having flu or sneeze.
(8) Maintain a healthy living environment with readily available household cleaning or anti-bacterial agents.
(9) Avoid travel to country or area with reported cases.
My family and I are so used to Chinese medication and living habits, hence the above healthy ideas are very useful. According to our Chinese doctor, the influenza is caused by the climate change, not so much swine-related. We could have gotten better health if we follow the 6 general health ideas below:
(1) Avoid all sour, spicy, oily, fried and cold food & beverages, such as fast food, carbonated drink, curry, ginger, vinegar, ice cream etc.
(2) Bath with hot or warm water and avoid cold water, because our liver will get chilled with cold water bath, and our antibody is not able to resist attack from diseases.
(3) Consume more porridge than rice, recommended to cook porridge without any salt and oil.
(4) Purchase only pure rice without any fragrance.
(5) Eat only freshly cooked food and only hot or warm drink is encouraged, if we have to eat outside from home, because bacteria is usually killed after heating.
(6) More encouraged to cook at home, and hot boiled water is also highly recommended.
Hope you like the above and start living healthily. Not to forget, forward this post to all your friends and family members, and bookmark this post or comment here. Wish you be blessed with great health and happiness.